Following the success of last summer’s table project, I decided to have a go at building a desk for Carrie. Here are pictures I took along the way. I think it turned out very well.
Beginning of the frame:
More frame work:
Final stage of the frame before I can attach the top. The tray on the left will be for cable storage after it’s complete.
Top attached, legs on:
I’ve never made a drawer before, so I just kind of made it up as I went.
If I never have to mount a drawer again, I won’t complain. That was definitely the most pain-in-the-ass part of the whole thing.
All 3 drawers mounted:
Here’s a shot of the cable storage I mentioned earlier. The back panel is on hinges and flips up to shove all the cables out of sight. I stole the idea from a desk we saw at Ikea.
Stained, and drawer pulls attached:
Desk is nice and tidy with the cables tucked away.
All in all, it was cheaper than buying a desk and hopefully ends up being sturdier. I plan to build a desk for myself next, but I will probably wait until it’s not so dang hot outside. It’s getting unbearably hot in the garage. Maybe some day I’ll have a heated/cooled workshop to work in.